NOTICE: Final paving on Cummings Road, Old Tote Road, Old Colony Way, West Road, Lots Hollow Road, Eldredge Park Way, Route 6A, and Route 28 will start in September. State roads require a 90 day waiting period from when sewer pipe is installed until when paving is allowed. Due to some observed settlement on the aforementioned Town roads, the settlement period is extended through the summer until paving can resume after Labor Day. The contractor, Robert B. Our, will be monitoring road conditions throughout the summer and repairing to acceptable conditions as necessary.
Traffic Detours Week of 6/18/21
Construction Schedule Update on
Orleans, MA Wastewater Infrastructure Project
Two-Week Look Ahead Starting June 21, 2021
Every week the construction contractors for Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, Inc. and Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations, Robert B. Our Co., Inc. provide a “two-week look ahead” that summarizes anticipated construction activity in the planned project area.
Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal
During the next two weeks, construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- 29 Overland Way: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Bay Ridge Lane. Work includes rebar installation, formwork, and placing concrete for the supported deck.
- 32 Lots Hollow Road: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Lots Hollow Road. Work includes installing drainage and repairing the test wick.
Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations Area
During the next two weeks construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- Main Line Crew 1: 84 Old Colony Way constructing Pump Station #1. Work includes cutting trees, earthwork and excavation, installing steel cofferdam, installing the concrete wet well, installing gravity sewer to wet well and sewer force main to valve vault.
- Main Line Crew 2: Locust Road installing gravity sewer, sewer services, stormwater drainage, and replacing water services.
- Testing Crew: Cove Road, Canal Road, and Center Place pressure testing installed pipe.
- Traffic Delays/Detours (See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage:
- Locust Road weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. Locust Road will be closed to through traffic, but access will be allowed to residents and local businesses by either Main Street or Canal Road depending on the work-area location. Detail officers will be on site for guidance. See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage.
- Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at 84 Old Colony Way weekdays from 7AM to 4PM.
- Expect occasional delays on Cove Road, Canal Road, and Center Place while subcontractors perform pipe pressure testing weekdays from 7AM to 4PM.
The plans, system map and additional information are available on the Town’s website.
For questions please contact: Martin “Reggie” Donoghue, P.E.:
Please note that this is a projected schedule and is subject to adjustment based on the Contractor’s actual progress and the weather. On an as needed basis auxiliary crews will be performing pipe and manhole testing, interior manhole work, raising manhole covers in preparation for paving, paving and performing general cleanup at various locations throughout the project area.
|Orleans_MA_Rt 6A Business Owners Letter 2.26.2021||48.53 KB|