NOTICE: Full width milling will begin on Wednesday (9.22.2021) or Thursday 9.23.2021) weather permitting on State Rt. 6A and Rt. 28 at locations specified below. Once the full width milling is complete on the following state roadways, permanent hot mix asphalt trench patching will take place at same locations. Full width resurfacing will follow at same locations on state roadways. Once Rt 6A and Rt 28 are complete, milling and full width paving will begin on the following town roadways: Old Colony Way (Main Street end only), West Road, Eldredge Park Way, Lots Hollow Road (and portion of Finlay), Cove Road (North), Cove Road (yacht club side), Cummings Road. The milling and paving phase will be complete by October 30, 2021.
Traffic Detours Week of 9/27/21
Construction Schedule Update on
Orleans, MA Wastewater Infrastructure Project
Two-Week Look Ahead Starting September 27, 2021
Every week the construction contractors for Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, Inc. and Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations, Robert B. Our Co., Inc. provide a “two-week look ahead” that summarizes anticipated construction activity in the planned project area.
Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal
During the next two weeks, construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- 29 Overland Way: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Bay Ridge Lane. Work includes rebar installation, formwork, and placing concrete for SBRs, installing concrete masonry unit walls, drainage, and plumbing.
- 32 Lots Hollow Road: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Lots Hollow Road. Work includes soil borings.
Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations Area
During the next two weeks construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- Main Line Crew 1: Route 6A between Stop & Shop and the Route 6 Rotary installing gravity sewer, sewer services, and replacing water services. Trench patching will occur at the end of every work day.
- Main Line Crew 2: Old Colony Way, Route 6A, Route 28 adjusting structures and prepping permanent paving for paving sub-contractor (Lawrence Lynch). The follow week Crew 2 will return to complete work on Main Street (near Snows Home and Garden) installing gravity sewer, sewer services, and replacing water services.
- Crew 3: Snow Library parking lot excavating and installing sheeting for trench work in preparation for Pumps Station #2 equipment installation.
- Paving Crews: Paving crews (sub-contractor Lawrence Lynch) will be on Route 6A between West Road and Orleans Marketplace. See below for Paving Schedule Details
- Traffic Delays/Detours (See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage:
- Route 6A between Stop & Shop to Route 6 Rotary weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. Route 6A will be closed to through traffic, but access will be allowed to residents and local businesses. Through traffic will be detoured by way of Canal Road via the Route 6 Rotary end or the Route 6A roundabout. Detail officers will be on site for guidance.
- Snow Library (67 Main Street) Construction staging will be set up in the right-hand lane closest to the Library. Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting from the Library parking lot weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. Please note, the Library will remain open during construction. Detail officers will be on site for guidance.
- Expect delays in the Route 6A – West Road area for final paving. Detail officers will be on site for guidance. (See Paving Schedule)
The plans, system map and additional information are available on the Town’s website.
For questions please contact: Martin “Reggie” Donoghue, P.E.:
Please note that this is a projected schedule and is subject to adjustment based on the Contractor’s actual progress and the weather. On an as needed basis auxiliary crews will be performing pipe and manhole testing, interior manhole work, raising manhole covers in preparation for paving, paving and performing general cleanup at various locations throughout the project area.
|Orleans_MA_Rt 6A Business Owners Letter 2.26.2021||48.53 KB|