Construction Schedule Update on
Orleans, MA Wastewater Infrastructure Project
Two-Week Look Ahead Starting November 30, 2020
Every week the construction contractors for Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, Inc. and Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations, Robert B. Our Co., Inc. provide a “two-week look ahead” that summarizes anticipated construction activity in the planned project area.
Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal
During the next two weeks, construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- 29 Overland Way: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Bay Ridge Lane. Work includes site excavation, forming rebar for base slab, and installing fencing.
- 32 Lots Hollow Road: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Lots Hollow Road. Work includes concrete placement for effluent disposal distribution box.
Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations Area
During the next two weeks construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- Main Line Crew 1: West Road between Old Colony Way and Route 6A moving south toward Route 6A installing force main sewer, gravity sewer, service tees, and water main replacement.
- Main Line Crew 2: At the north end of Old Tote Road moving south installing gravity sewer and service stubs.
- Testing Crew: West Road and Old Tote Road pressure testing gravity pipe and vacuum testing manholes.
- Traffic Delays/Detours: Traffic detours are scheduled for West Road weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. West Road is closed to through traffic, but access to West Road will be allowed to residents and local businesses by either Old Colony Way or Route 6A. Please check with the detail officer located at either side of West Road for best access. Old Tote Road is also closed to through traffic, but access will be allowed to residents and local businesses. Please check with the detail officer located at either end of Old Tote Road for best access. See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage.
Note: The Town of Orleans requires that all construction activities avoid traffic delays to the Local Election polling location on Rock Harbor Road on Tuesday December 1, 2020.
The plans, system map and additional information are available on the Town’s website.
For questions please contact: Martin “Reggie” Donoghue, P.E.:
Please note that this is a projected schedule and is subject to adjustment based on the Contractor’s actual progress and the weather. On an as needed basis auxiliary crews will be performing pipe and manhole testing, interior manhole work, raising manhole covers in preparation for paving, paving and performing general cleanup at various locations throughout the project area.