2018 Family Shellfish Permits
Effective April 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
2018 FAMILY Shellfish Permits go on sale Monday, March 26, 2018 @ the Orleans D.P.W. & Natural Resources Office, 139 Main St. Orleans, MA 02653
(Starting Thursday, April 26, all sticker sales will be in the Orleans Sticker Office, on the lower level of the DPW, around back @ 139 Main Street)
Family Shellfish permits will NOT be available at the Town Clerk's office in 2018
- $20 for persons domiciled in Orleans or Eastham
- $10 for persons 65 years or older domiciled in Orleans or Eastham
- $20 for Orleans property owners
- $70 for Massachusetts Residents
- $70 for Out of State Residents
Family Shellfish Permits can be requested by mail. To request by mail, please send the following:
- Copy of your driver’s license
- 2017 Shellfish permit with your catch noted on the back, if applicable.
- Payment (see fee schedule below) check or money order payable to “Town of Orleans”
- Business sized self-addressed stamped envelope with two stamps
- Mail to: Natural Resources Dept, 139 Main St, Orleans, MA 02653
Family Shellfish Licenses are valid from April 1st to March 31st.
* Updated maps are available on the website (closures, etc)
A copy of the Shellfish Regulations (Orleans Town Code, Chapter 176) with the current map of open/closed areas will be provided to you.~ Please read thoroughly.~ Please remember to check for the most updated map each time you go shellfishing.
"Family Permit" is defined as a recreational license issued which permits spouses and dependent(s) who are domiciled and living under the same roof to harvest shellfish.