Note: 2019 Family Shellfish Permits are required as of April 1, 2019
2019 Family Shellfish Permits
Effective April 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020
2019 FAMILY Shellfish Permits go on sale Monday, March 25, 2019 @ the Orleans Sticker Office - located at the new DPW facility - 40 Giddiah Hill Road - Orleans, MA 02653
Family Shellfish permits will NOT be available at the Town Clerk's office in 2019
- $20 for persons domiciled in Orleans or Eastham
- $10 for persons 65 years or older domiciled in Orleans or Eastham
- $20 for Orleans property owners
- $70 for Massachusetts Residents
- $70 for Out of State Residents
Family Shellfish Permits can be requested by mail. To request by mail, please send the following:
- Copy of your driver’s license
- 2018 Shellfish permit with your catch noted on the back, if applicable.
- Payment (see fee schedule below) check or money order payable to “Town of Orleans”
- Business sized self-addressed stamped envelope with two stamps
- Mail to: Natural Resources Dept, 40 Giddiah Hill Road - Orleans, MA 02653
Family Shellfish Licenses are valid from April 1st to March 31st.
* Updated maps are available on the website (closures, etc)
A copy of the Shellfish Regulations (Orleans Town Code, Chapter 176) with the current map of open/closed areas will be provided to you.~ Please read thoroughly.~ Please remember to check for the most updated map each time you go shellfishing.
"Family Permit" is defined as a recreational license issued which permits spouses and dependent(s) who are domiciled and living under the same roof to harvest shellfish.