As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve in Massachusetts, the Orleans Police Department has taken precautionary measures to limit possible exposure interactions between the public and department employees. In consideration of the foregoing, please note the following guidance with respect to processing LTCs and FIDs:
- All applicants should mail in their new or renewal applications to the department. 99 Eldredge Park Way, Orleans Ma 02653.
- Applicant's should include a check for the application fee along with the application. Please note that no processing will be initiated without the appropriate fee included.
- Applications are available on the FRB website here: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/apply-for-afirearms-license
- The Orleans Police Department will be temporarily delaying the in-person portion of the licensing process including interviews, fingerprinting and photographs in order to comply with the Governor's social distancing guidelines.
- For licensees who apply for a renewal prior to the expiration of their license (and who get a receipt acknowledging so), their license will remain valid until the agency approves or denies it. As a result, delaying the in-person portion of the licensing process will not prejudice these licensees.
- For licensees who apply for renewal after the expiration of their LTC, c.140, sec.131(i) states that for the purposes of c.269. sec. 10 an LTC shall be deemed valid for a period not to exceed 90 days beyond the expiration date unless the LTC is revoked. Note this provision applies only to LTC and not FID Cards.
This guidance is subject to change as this situation continues to evolve.