Number of Orleans Confirmed Cases: 13 (as of 5/1/2020, updated weekly)
MA Department of Public Health COVID-19 Case Tracking Information: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting
Below are the steps required for testing: (Link for full instructions from Cape Cod Health)
- If you are experiencing symptoms, including fever, coughing or shortness of breath, call your doctor.
- Your doctor will screen you over the phone to assess if you should be tested.
- If your doctor determines you should be tested, he or she will provide an electronic order for the test which is sent directly to the testing facility.
- Cape Cod Healthcare staff will then call you to set up an appointment for testing. Note: You need a doctor’s order to be tested. Testing cannot be performed on anyone without a doctor’s order and we will have to turn away those arriving at the testing site without a doctor’s order and an appointment.
Information from Governor Baker:
- Governor's 5-1-2020 Order #31 Requiring Face Coverings in Public Places
- Governor's 5-1-20 Order Extending Closure of Certain Workplaces and Prohibition on Large Gatherings
- Governor’s 3-31-20 Order Extending Closure of Certain Workplaces and Prohibition on Large Gatherings
- Governor's List of Essential Services Revised 3-31-2020
- Governor Baker's 3-23-20 Order
Information from the Orleans Health Department:
- Board of Health Order 5-4-2020 Requiring Face Coverings in Public Places
- Board of Health Order 5-4-2020 Regarding Operation of Essential Services and Prohibition of Large Gatherings
- Short Term Orleans Lodging Facilities Guidance 2020-04-03
- Advisory for Visitors and Residents Returning to Massachusetts 03-28-2020
- COVID-19 Update 03-23-2020
- Emergency Actions to Address COVID-19 (For Restaurants)
- Statement from Health Department - 03-13-2020
Resources for Seniors:
Family & Individual Resources:
Domestic Violance Resources:
- Children's Cove
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1 (800) 799-7233
- More help for survivors and children
- Orleans Chamber of Commerce
- Community Development Partnership
- Small Business Administration
- Unemployment Assistance
Housing and Food Resources:
- Housing Assistance Corp
- Lower Cape Outreach Council
- Orleans Housing Authority
- Cape & Islands Veterans Outreach Center call 508-778-1590
- Homeless Prevention Council
- Barnstable County Goverment Website
- Mass.gov - Infomation on the Outbreak of Coronavirus
- Mass.gov - Quarantine and Monitoring
- CDC - Coronavirus Infomation
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus - Prevention and Treatment - CDC
- Information and Guidance for Persons in Quarantine due to COVID-19
The Town of Orleans is a vibrant, strong community and we are all working together to support each other through this difficult time. Information on COVID-19 is ever evolving and we will do our best to update the information and resources on this page often.
If you have questions or concerns related to COVID-19 that are not addressed above, please call the Health Department at (508) 240-3700 ext. 2450.