FY2021 tax rate is $7.84 per $1,000 of assessed value.
Welcome to the Town of Orleans Assessing site! We've designed these pages with the goal of making as much information as possible regarding our duties available to you in an easily digested form.
Your Assessing office is charged with the following duties:
- Valuing all real and personal property situated in Orleans as of January 1st,
- Administering the motor vehicle and boat excise taxes,
- Administering all statutory and discretionary tax exemption programs,
- Serving as a US Passport Acceptance facility.
Curious what your property's assessment is? Click here to visit the town's online assessment database. Also, you can click here to view the previous five years' worth of assessments.
Want to know what properties have sold in town? Click here to view the last 15 years' worth of property sales, offered in PDF and Excel formats.
If you're interested in seeing town maps, we encourage you to visit our Online GIS page and tinker around with the different layers; there's a wealth of information to be had. If you'd like to view the most recent set of cadastral tax maps for Orleans, we have them available here.
Assessments and Taxes in Orleans
- Average Residential Assessed Value (FY21): $744,666 - 33rd highest in Mass.
- Average Residential Tax Bill (FY21): $5,838 - 143rd highest in Mass.
- Median Household Income, est. (2020): $74,000 ($7,000 below state median)
- FY21 tax rate of $7.84 is 25th lowest tax rate in Mass.
Please visit the Assessment Reports page to view our data sets and read the full reports.
|Mary Ann Tagliaferri|