Construction Schedule Update on Orleans, MA Wastewater Infrastructure Project
Two-Week Look Ahead Starting May 31st, 2022
Notice for Downtown Sewer Abutters: Please refer to the Town of Orleans website for the current notice: https://www.town.orleans.ma.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=55.
We are encouraging properties in the Downtown Area to begin the process of hiring an engineer for sewer service connections as soon as possible.
Every week the construction contractors for Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, Inc. and Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations, Robert B. Our Co., Inc. provide a “two-week look ahead” that summarizes anticipated construction activity in the planned project area.
Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal
During the next two weeks, construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- 29 Overland Way: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Bay Ridge Lane. Work includes installing drainage, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and process piping and equipment.
- 32 Lots Hollow Road: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Lots Hollow Road. Work includes installing wick wells.
Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations Area
During the next two weeks construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- Main Line Crew 1: Stop & Shop Pump Station. When complete, Crew 1 will move to 29 Overland Way installing force main.
- Main Line Crew 2: Canal Road installing water services on the new water main from Jones Road to the Eastham line.
- Traffic Delays/Detours (See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage):
- Canal Road from Jones Road to the Eastham line weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. Roads will be closed to through traffic, but access will be allowed to residents and local businesses. Detail officers will be on site for guidance.
The plans, system map and additional information are available on the Town’s website.
For questions please contact: Martin “Reggie” Donoghue, P.E.:
Please note that this is a projected schedule and is subject to adjustment based on the Contractor’s actual progress and the weather. On an as needed basis auxiliary crews will be performing pipe and manhole testing, interior manhole work, raising manhole covers in preparation for paving, paving and performing general cleanup at various locations throughout the project area.