Friends of Orleans Council on Aging
- Barbara O'Connor, President
- Carol Hackett, Vice President
- Mary Sullivan, Treasurer
- Nancy Noble, Clerk
- Bonnie Engelhardt
- Janet Bantly
- Charlotte McCully
Friends of the Orleans Council on Aging
Post Office Box 404
Orleans, MA 02653
The Friends of the Orleans Council on Aging (FOCOA) is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to assist and support the Orleans Council on Aging with its mission to enhance the quality of life for older adults and caregivers in our community.
2018 to 2019 Annual Report
Although the Friends' main mission is to raise funds for Orleans Seniors, our goals encompass much more as we also focus on helping to build a sense of community through our support of its many important programs and activities. The Friends have made major contributions over the past year to the Senior Center through programming and funding aimed at helping seniors pursue active, healthy and interesting lifestyles.
The generous donations received from our members in response to our Annual Appeal have a definite positive impact on the lives of our Orleans senior residents by enabling us to help provide the following programs and services:
- The purchase of fresh produce to supplement the items offered through the Brown Bag program
- Sponsorship of fresh fish for lunch at "Friends Fish Fridays"
- The purchase of items for annual holiday gift bags for isolated seniors
- Sponsorship of the "Lunch and Listen" program
- Purchase of critical items, as designated by the Director of the Orleans Senior Center, for seniors in need
- A trip to the Wellfleet Audubon Society
- "Tea at Two", during which Chef Greg Case presented a demonstration on cake making
- Sponsorship of the Kindness Rock Project, the Gelli Printing Program, and April Paint Party
- Purchase of supermarket gift cards to be distributed at the staff's discretion to those in need
- An appreciation breakfast for the Senior Center staff in recognition of their hard work and dedication to the needs of Orleans seniors
All of these accomplishments were possible only through the financial support of all of the members of the Friends and we extend our sincere and heartfelt thanks for your generous contributions. We also wish to acknowledge the support of all the volunteers whose assistance is critical to our goals.
A special thanks to the incredible staff at the Senior Center. We look forward to working with you all in the coming year.