Recent News: The Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund Management Board voted on 4/14/21 to give Orleans a 25 percent grant for the Downtown Area Wastewater Project in the amount of $14,852,300. Please note that this is the largest grant ever received by the Town and it is consistent with the financial plan that was developed over the last few years.
You can view the Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund Notice of Subsidy (PDF). Please visit the Citizens Communications page to view current and previous construction and detour updates and previous communication to property owners in the project area.
Construction Schedule Update on
Orleans, MA Wastewater Infrastructure Project
Two-Week Look Ahead Starting May 23rd, 2022
Notice for Downtown Sewer Abutters: Please refer to the Town of Orleans website for the current notice: https://www.town.orleans.ma.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=55.
We are encouraging properties in the Downtown Area to begin the process of hiring an engineer for sewer service connections as soon as possible.
Every week the construction contractors for Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, Inc. and Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations, Robert B. Our Co., Inc. provide a “two-week look ahead” that summarizes anticipated construction activity in the planned project area.
Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal
During the next two weeks, construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- 29 Overland Way: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Bay Ridge Lane. Work includes installing drainage, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and process piping and equipment.
- 32 Lots Hollow Road: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Lots Hollow Road. Work includes installing monitoring wells.
Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations Area
During the next two weeks construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- Main Line Crew 1: Stop & Shop constructing/installing sewer castings.
- Main Line Crew 2: Pump Station #2 (Library) completing earthwork and hardscaping.
- Traffic Delays/Detours (See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage):
Please note that this is a projected schedule and is subject to adjustment based on the Contractor’s actual progress and the weather. On an as needed basis auxiliary crews will be performing pipe and manhole testing, interior manhole work, raising manhole covers in preparation for paving, paving and performing general cleanup at various locations throughout the project area.