About Snow Library

History
Snow Library was founded with a bequest of $ 5,000.00 from the estate of David Snow to the Town of Orleans in 1876. In 1877, Orleans Town Meeting voted to build Snow's Library on land which previously belonged to the Orleans Academy at the intersection of Rt. 28 and Main Street. The original building was destroyed by fire during a blizzard in February 1952. In 1954, the Town of Orleans built the existing library directly across from the original location of Snow's Library.

Mission
The mission of Snow Library is to sustain and energize the intellectual, cultural, and social life of the community of Orleans.

Trustees:

  • Mal Bornemeier
  • Cheryl Bryan, Chair
  • Jan Crabtree
  • Carolyn Dowd
  • Mary Beth Fincke
  • Sue Lederhouse
  • Mary Reuland