TOWN OF ORLEANS, MA
RESTRICTED OR CLOSED SHELLFISH AREAS
EFFECTIVE DATE: 05/04/2017 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Please note that all areas not specifically identified as "CLOSED" are open for the harvesting of shellfish.
- Remember to check for updated closures each time before you go shellfishing. We post this information on-line at www. town. orleans. ma. us. The map and information sheet are in effect from the posted date until further notice.
The entirety of the Nauset Estuary is closed to all shellfishing due to red tide.
PLEASANT BAY ESTUARY
- Meetinghouse Pond: north of a line drawn around the floating docks at Nauset Marine East, is CLOSED for the taking of all shellfish.
- Lonnie's Pond: from the launching ramp at the town landing and south to the Herring run creek is open for FAMILY PERMITS ONLY.
- Paw Wah Pond and the entrance creek is CLOSED for the taking of all shellfish.
- Quanset Pond and Little Quanset Pond: east of a line drawn from the middle of the point to the pier on the opposite shore and to a depth of 3 feet as measured at low water is open to the taking of shellfish for FAMILY PERMITS ONLY.
- Pochet Creek: north of a line drawn from the "No Shellfishing" sign on Pochet Neck to the "No Shellfishing" sign on the opposite shore (Nauset Beach), is CLOSED for the taking of all shellfish.
CAPE COD BAY
The Rock Harbor, Namskaket and Little Namskaket creeks: inside of lines drawn across the mouth of each, are CLOSED for the taking of all shellfish.
Please view attached map of updated closures below:
|05-04-17 Shellfish Closure Map||130.81 KB|