Family Shellfish Permits can be requested by mail.~ To request by mail, please send the following:
1. Copy of your driver’s license
2. 2012 shellfish permit with your catch noted on the back, if applicable~
3. Payment (see fee schedule below) check or money order payable to “Town of Orleans”
4. Business sized self-addressed stamped envelope with two stamps
5. Mail to:~ Town Clerk, 19 School Road, Orleans, MA 02653
Fees: $20 for persons domiciled in Orleans or Eastham
$10 for persons 65 years or older domiciled in Orleans or Eastham
$20 for Orleans property owners
$70 for Massachusetts Residents
$70 for Out of State Residents
Family Shellfish Licenses are valid from April 1st to March 31st.
A copy of the Shellfish Regulations (Orleans Town Code, Chapter 176) with the current map of open/closed areas will be provided to you.~ Please read thoroughly.~ Please remember to check for the most updated map each time you go shellfishing.
"Family Permit" is defined as a recreational license issued which permits spouses and dependent(s) who are domiciled and living under the same roof to harvest shellfish.
Family Shellfish Permits are also available in person at the Town Clerk’s office Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 4:30PM.